This week I got a big surprise from my Aunt Lynda! She nominated me for the Liebster award through her blog New Things! Her blog is all about trying new things (which I love)! She offers many different things on her blog from poetry, thoughts and hymns to recipes! You can check out her blog by clicking the link:)
I was so excited about this blog award idea that I have decide to share it with a few of my favorite bloggers!
Here are the rules for participating with this award!
1. Post the Liebster award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated the blog for the Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
3. The blogger then writes 11 facts about themselves so people who discover their blog through the Liebster post will learn more about them.
4. In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, nominated bloggers should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominated blogger will in turn, nominate 9 other blogs with 200 or less followers.
6. The nominated blogger will create 11 questions for their nominated blogs to answer in their Liebster post.
Here it goes eleven facts about me –
1. I have three awesome sisters and no brothers!
2. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!
3. My favorite color is light green.
4. I write something in my journal everyday.
5. I’m the auntie of an adorable two-year old!
6. The beach is one of my favorite places on earth!
7. I’m possibly addicted to pintrest…
8. I love antiques<3
9. I have a blog editor… my amazing mother (I pay her in chocolate)!
10. I love music!
11. I change my favorite song all the time, but today I really like “Strangely Dim”, by Francesca Battistelli!
Now to answer some questions from Lynda at New Things–
1. When’s the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and obeyed God when it didn’t make (earthly, human) sense to do so?
When I was asked to speak at a women’s group at a local church and I was so scared! It made no sense to me why God would ask me when I’m so shy, but God has a reason for everything and a lot of good definitely came from it and I learned a lot!
2. What’s your favorite healthy snack? Will you share a recipe?
Celery and creamy peanut butter.
3. Give me a tip for keeping my electric bill down in the summer.
Use candles like the pioneers! Just kidding:)
4. Will you share your conversion story?
I’m a church kid:) I’ve grown up in church, I live in a Christian family and I had mostly Christian friends as a kid. So, when I was five I accepted Jesus into my heart. I was mostly just doing it cause all my friends were, it was a long road after that to when I discovered how deep a real relationship with Jesus is and even longer after that before I was able to fully give my life to Him and build a real relationship with Him. I guess It was during the months when I was just out of the hospital and still hanging on for life, when I completely gave God my every breath and fully trusted Him and HIS timing! Since then, life has changed and I’m so happy to be living everyday with Jesus and the Holy Spirit to guide my every move!
5. How did you meet your significant other?
I met Jesus at church when I was about five and we’ve been dating ever since:)
6. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
Pushing past fear!
7. What’s your greatest fear?
Letting fear become the controller and spiders.
8. What is your most significant loss?
9. You have both money and time to spare. You can do anything you want to do…what will you do with it?
I’ve always thought it would be super fun to go through a whole bunch of drive thru’s and pay for the person behind you.
10. Are you a Bible marker? Do you write in your Bible, or prefer to keep it unmarked?
I’m a marker:)
11. Share your top 3 favorite Bible passages/verses/lessons.
My favorite verses are Romans 8:28, James 1:12 and Romans 15:13!
Here are my nominations (click link to read their blog)
1. Paige Omartian the author of my favorite book Wake Up Generation has a very inspirational blog! Wake Up, Generation
2. Morgan Nicoles is the creator of Quite The Woman! A magazine style blog for young women of faith! I absolutely love the blog! There aren’t many blogs that are for young women and offer good Godly advise and articles! Definitely one of my favorite blogs to read!
3. Old Fashioned Girls is written by Kerry, Megan and Katie! I first found their blog when Megan commented on my blog! I fell in love with their blog and I’ve been a reader ever since!
4. I’ve known Rachel for many years and when I found her sweet blog Rachel’s Reflections I loved it! She writes about thoughts, inspirations and her life!
5. It isn’t technically a blog, but It’s an amazing website for those with invisible illnesses. This site was started by the author of “The Spoon Theories” and it holds lots of great stories, poems and resources written by many different spoonies! A “spoonie” is someone whose life resembles “The Spoon Theory!” It’s a great resource and I recommend checking out But You Don’t Look Sick whether you have an “invisible” illness or not!
6. A New Hope Through Christ is written by my amazing cousin Charity! Her blog is all about bringing you hope! She even has a page with penguins all over it:) You should check it out!
7. Jefferson Bethke is a very talented speaker and writer. I’ve learned so much from his blog and YouTube videos! Definitely one of my favorite blogs to read and I love watching his YouTube videos! I would love to hear him speak live one day!
8. Emily Smucker, The Girl in the Red Rubber Boots! I recently started reading this blog after my sister met her and recommended her blog to me! Emily is the author of a book about her life struggles with a chronic illness. I love her blog and as soon as her book arrives in the mail on Wednesday I’m sure I’ll love it too!
9. I just started reading this blog today and I already love it! Esta Faye has an amazing way with words! I highly recommend this blog!
Now for some questions for my nominees
1. Who or What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is the best YouTube video you’ve ever seen?
3. What is the best quote you’ve ever read?
4. What is you favorite book?
5. What is one thing you really want to do before you die?
6. Who is your biggest inspiration?
7. Do you have any cool tips for blogging that you’ve learned?
8. What is your favorite song?
9. What is your favorite color?
10. What is you biggest accomplishment?
11. What is you favorite pass time (other than blogging)?
And that is all… You can comment and let me know if you are going to pass the Liebster Award on, cause I want to see your answers!
Keep going and have an amazing week……. 🙂